es en

hat

A Day in the Life of the Digital Humanities (Day of DH) is an
open community publication project that will bring together scholars interested in the digital humanities from around the
world to document what they do on one day

Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Paula Johanson

DH Knitters

Public Group  |  active 2 years, 4 months ago ago

a group of people interested in knitting (and other fibre arts), especially knitting with a DH or a literary element

Recent projects

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paula Johanson Paula Johanson 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Paula Johanson

Paula Johanson

said

Are you knitting any new projects? It would be good to see what other people are making. Sometimes a sweater has DH interest for me just because it’s being made at a DH event. Sometimes a project has DH elements that are not obvious, such as the scarves I was reading about, by a knitter who uses knit and purl stitches to substitute for the dots and dashes of Morse code as she transcribes a narrative of what’s going on around her as she knits.
I’m trying to post here an image of a project I recently knitted, a model of a T4 bacteriophage virus.

May 19, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Profile photo of Paula Johanson

Paula Johanson

said

Here’s a link to the page on my Day of DH blog where you can see the photo of my T4 bacteriophage virus, knitted in variegated purple yarn.

May 19, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

An iniciative of

Laboratorio de Humanidades Digitales (UNED)        CENTERNET

Our Contributors

UNED        INTECCA-UNED        UNED - Vicerrectorado de Investigación        Ministerio de Economía y Hacienda

Day of DH 2015

Home About Community
How do you define DH?
Sign In
Register
Skip to toolbar